Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Pretty Ears!





Brinley got her ears pierced last week and they are cute! I wasn't so sure and was kinda regretting my decision to pierce them for the first few days but I think I'm over it. I felt really bad that I put her through that even if it was just for a second. I think it scared her really bad more than anything but hearing her cry made me almost cry. So afterwards I felt like it made her look older I guess and like she kinda lost that baby innocence if that even makes sense. I don't know how to explain it really but I think it just took me awhile to get used to it. I even thought about taking them out but they are done now and I know I will want them done later if I do take them out. I love Avery's earings! I also loved that Avery called her earings her pretty's and loved the sucker that she got right after it was done so it didn't seem so bad at 2 yrs old. Who am I kidding, I don't love them, I like them. I did it for my own selfish reasons and I feel like a bad mom kinda for it. I think they are adorable on other babies and was not in the least bit thinking I would feel this way because there are lots of babies that have it done and no big deal, right? I really should not stress over this but I kinda am. So Merry Christmas Brinley! Sorry your present had to hurt a little and it probably wasn't what you would have chosen.

3 comments:

Sarah and AJ said...

Ha- Shaina, you crack me up! I miss talking to you... Merry Christmas!

Tyra said...

oh no Shaina! Don't feel so guilty...they are soooooo cute! I love them :) You are a great mommy~

Thezooks said...

Shaina!!! I have been looking for you! Are you still in Utah? My brother Chad is getting married there in June and I will be there. I would love to see you and you could meet my little guy Dallin. He is 3. Email me shannon_zook@yahoo.com or call 214-518-8422 I would LOVE to see you.