Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Is there anything worse?

Potty training is by far my least favorite thing about being a mom! I flat out hate it and don't want to do it. If I could hire someone to do it, I think I would. Really though, to be honest I haven't tried that hard yet, but the almost full day of trying to potty train didn't go over so well. I have been putting her on the toilet trying to get her used to it and she thinks it's funny. I'm kinda holding out too till after the 24th of July because we are going camping that weekend. Call me lazy, but I don't want to deal with it. There are only built in outhouses with a never ending hole that I'm afraid of falling down in, so I'm waiting till after that to get serious. My plan when we get home is to stay home for a few days till she learns to use the toilet. Feel free to let me know what has worked with your kids cause I really want all the advice I can get. I would like this to be as smooth a transition as possible for her sake and mine. I am not patient when it comes to this sort of thing.

4 comments:

Zenica said...

Good luck! I will agree with you on potty training being the worst part about being a mom. I wish I could give you some advise, but it feels like its been for ever with Alex and truthfully she picked it up pretty fast. Now I’m on to training a boy. I don’t even know where to start. Just make sure to always care a change of clothes with you even after you think she has it down. Ally had 3 or 4 accidents even after 2 months. They just get to busy playing and don’t want to stop to potty. Sorry for such a long comment. Good luck again.

Chelsie Wilde said...

Oh man, that was tough for me too. I love the picture though. We had one of those mini gumball machines and replaced them with gobstoppers. She LOVED to crank it and get the candy after she went. We also had princess pull ups that she loved and then went to those training underwear (you know the thick padded ones, so she could feel every time she wet but that hold most of it in so it isn't all over your floor) and lastly she was excited to wear her "BIG" girl princess underwear. I think it helped a lot too for her to see older kids that she looked up to (Brittneys kids, in my case) because then I could say, "You are a big girl like Aspen!!". Anyways, aside from a lot of patients, thats how I did it. Good Luck! P.S. I dont blame you with the camping thing, those things freak me out too!

Unknown said...

I am not looking forward to potty training when my little one gets older! Something that I have heard works well is to put the baby on the toilet backwards..that way they aren't afraid of falling in. Good luck! The picture is priceless!!

Bri or Aaron said...

You're so funny!